Saturday 22 April 2017

Shoot Five Straight Images



In this shoot I captured images of the interaction between the volunteers/staff and the dogs as they play together and have fun getting exercise in the paddock area.

Some of  the dogs are kept in kennel/run a short distance from the paddock so I captured images of them as they were taken on a lead from there to the paddock. Usually the dogs are taken individually for safety reasons but these two dogs have always lived together so stay in the same kennel and are exercised together too.



I captured images of the volunteers throwing balls for the dogs to fetch or chase in order to  encourage them to run and get exercise.



I took images of the volunteers and staff giving the dogs some cuddles and affection when the dogs were resting between their running about. These images illustrate the love the volunteers have for the dogs and the special bond the dogs have with the volunteers.



I took images of Hades who is a very energetic dog playing football with Yaz with his favourite red ball. Capturing the fun they were having.



I felt I had a good photo shoot so there were quite a few images I wanted to adapt with Photoshop.
In this images I changed the levels of the background so that the person and the dog stand out really clearly. This will allow the viewer to focus on the task and the emotions being portrayed in it, as it reduces any distractions from the background. In this image the volunteer, ball and dog playing a game of fetch clearly stand out more.



I similarly adjusted the background levels in this image so that the subjects stand out more clearly against the background. I also moved the subject so that they were positioned according to the rule of thirds with Paula's head at the crossing point between two lines. This will encourage the viewer to focus more on her facial expression as she claps Hades a dog she cares for.



In this image in Photoshop I removed the colour in the background to try to focus attention on the volunteer and the dog interacting playing a game with the ball.
.


This image captures the identical twin sisters Paula and Julia as they are volunteering at the Centre. I liked the way they were both in similar positions with the dogs they were taking for a walk so wanted to highlight this in the image. I used Photoshop to decrease the brightness of the background, then changed the levels on just the licence plate of the car, so that it would not be seen. In the image it is now so much easier to see the positions of the twins taking the dogs for a walk.



I wanted to make the affection between the volunteer and Hades more a focal point in this image and remove any distractions. I therefore cropped the image to remove Yaz out of it, and this moved the volunteer and Hades into the central position. It also made them more zoomed in on and fills more of the frame. This gives the image a more intimate feel that  focuses more on the affection being portrayed. To further remove any distractions I used selective colour to make the grass less prominent. This makes the background less vibrant and obvious allowing the subjects to stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment