Saturday 22 April 2017

Shoot Six Straight Images



I was greeted by Daisy as I arrived in the morning for the shoot so took some images of her getting attention and affection from my mum who is one of the volunteers at Mutts. This image illustrates that with the excellent care of the staff at the Centre, Daisy is recovering well from her surgery.



I tried to capture images showing that the work at the Centre starts early in the morning and goes on until late. This I did by capturing the long shadows cast from the rising sun which is low in the sky.



I wanted to show that it is not just dogs and cats that are looked after in the Centre so took some images of other animals being cared for. These images show the sheep and donkeys at the Centre and show the fun and amusement that working with animals can provide.



I also captured some images of volunteers interacting with the dogs. The first shows a volunteer trying  to take a very excited dog out his kennel for a walk and the second image show a volunteer cuddling and laughing as she plays and gives treats to Sampson one of the German Shepherds at the Centre.





I also Photoshopped the image I took of Daisy the cat. I used the brush tool to remove the colour out of the background visible through the car window then set the entire photo threshold at 7% opacity. I feel that this makes the environment seem more isolated, so that the subject is in their own world with Daisy.




 

I had taken this image so that it was too dark to see the happy facial expressions on Carol's face as she interacted with the dog. I therefore increased the brightness, then adjusted the curves very slightly. In the photoshoped image the viewer can more easily see the emotion being expressed.



In this image I removed the colour from background. In this way I have reduced a distracting background factor that takes focus away from the subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment