Saturday 22 April 2017

Shoot Four Straight Images



In this shoot I focused on capturing images of the dogs in the paddock area interacting with the volunteers.

I captured images of the dogs being walked on a double lead from their kennels through the Centres ground to the paddocks. This help train the dogs to walk on a lead correctly.

Then the removal of the lead when they get to the paddock to allow them to run around freely in the enclosed grassy area.


I took images of them interacting with the volunteers including throwing a ball for them to run and catch. This is to exercise the dogs and get them to burn off energy.



As well as giving them treats for behaving well and following commands such as sit.



I also had time to capture some images of other tasks taking place such as the cleaning of the wire doors in the kennel block where muddy paws had made a bit of a mess.



I also tried to improve upon my image of a dog being fed her breakfast through the door hatch.



I adjusted several of the images in Photoshop.



In this image I felt that Julia blends into the background too much so I wanted to make her more distinct and slightly larger within the frame. In Photoshop I removed the background colour, then  adjusted the levels. I also cropped the image slightly to make the subjects fill more of the frame. I think in the image now it is easier to see that Julia is interacting with Jive, and the attention is focused more on them.


In this image I wanted to change the image to convey that Bart the dogs future was so much brighter than his past. I did this by adjusted the colour, using the brush set to colour and then starting at the right hand side of the frame with 100% opacity. Then as I moved further to the left I gradually decreased the opacity so that by time I got to the far left side of the frame the colour change was almost unnoticeable.  This makes it look like Bart is going from a less than happy past and travelling to a bright and exciting future that is just ahead of him.



This is a composite image where I have taken photos of thought bubbles which I made from cardboard and combined them with the image I took of Bart and Paula. For the bubbles I made the images in 3 layers and adjusted the opacity so that the words would be visible in the centre of the largest one. This I did by making the opacity less in the centre of the bubble. The images therefore looks as though Bart is receiving affection from Paula and wishing he had a family of his own to go home with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment